Cooking for Dummies: Vegan Coconut Cookies ♥

7:26 PM

I bought for me and my mom some super-cute cookie cutters (is this how they're called? let's go for it haha) and I wanted to try some yummy cookies that wouldn't grow too much and keep the shape of the cutters! So this is what I found on internet and I just wanted to share it with you :)

WHAT YOU'LL NEED:



♥ ♥ 

- 250g of flour
-200g of vegan butter
-100g sugar
-75g desiccated coconut
-1 teaspoon of baking powder
-2 tablespoons of vegan milk (could be almond or soy)
-a little bit of salt

♥ ♥ 


Take two big bowls.. in one, mix your sugar and vegan butter. I unfortunately had just white sugar, but brown or coconut sugar are of course better!
In the other bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, coconut, baking powder and salt). 


Now that you have something that looks like this, slowly mix everything, until well blended. Then you'll need to add a tablespoon of plant based milk, mix well, and just when the milk will look absorbed you can then add the other tablespoon. 

Mix well until you get a compact dough that looks like this (it will be a little sticky, but don't worry about that): 


Let this beauty take a rest in the fridge for at least 20 mins (so even more, can stay even all night!) and then before you use it, put it in the freezer for another 5-8 mins.

When you're ready, dust with some flour your working table and start to pre-heat the oven at 160°C.
Roll out the dough at the thickness that you like (could be around 3 mm) and start having fun cutting the shapes you like!





If you get bored during the process, start adding little sugar hearts or dark chocolate chips and the world will be a better place haha





Now put these little beauties in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, at 160°C, keeping an eye already at the 20 mins to not make them get too brown (even tho they will taste good anyways haha).


So this was my result :D some cuter, some less, but all yummy and ready to become my breakfast tomorrow morning with a good hot tea.

Please let me know if you try to do them too and if you like them then :)


Hope you enjoy this kind of posts (because I have a lot of fun doing them haha) and see you at the next one!!

Love,

Polly


















You Might Also Like

4 commenti

  1. Replies
    1. thank you :D they're even better the morning after :)

      Delete
  2. They are so cute ^^ I love the fox and the bee,they are so unusual. Where did you get those?
    Anyway, I really enjoy baking posts :D

    aluminah.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those two too! I actually bought them in "La Galeria Kaufhof" in Alexanderplatz (if you will visit Berlin one day.. there are so many and of so many different cute forms)! :)

    ReplyDelete