Cooking for Dummies: ♥ VEGAN CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES ♥

5:54 PM

Yesterday was a very special day for me, not just because everyday is special, but also because it was me and my boyfriends 2 years anniversary ♥ 
First of all, it will be a short post because I spent too much time looking at the oven while the cupcakes were growing, so having to prepare myself quickly, this was the result of the post... second of all, if you don't like cheesy (or carroty!) stuff and hearts in general, this is not the post for you. Come back at the next one though, I'm sure we can still be friends!


So I took inspiration from an already made recipe, but decided to change it a bit as per usual. The measurements are in cups as in the original recipe, so if you're a "gram" kinda person and you don't understand, is totally alright, I'd suggest to use a small cup or little bowl, and than use it for all the ingredients during the whole thing :) 

Let's get started:




1. Preheat the oven at 180°C! 
Start lining the muffin/cupcake tray with muffin paper cups. 

2. In a medium bowl, mix together sugar, oil and yoghurt; in a bigger bowl, mix the dry ingredients (go crazy on the cinnamon) with a pinch of salt.

3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, followed by carrots & walnuts. If the mixture will be a bit too dry, like mine, add gradually a little bit of soy milk.

4. Fill the cupcake liners



and bake for 30 mins firstly, then check often until they're done even on the inside.



About the icing, since I didn't trust myself that much, I preferred going for a simple idea such as vegan "nutella" (or hazelnut-cacao cream) simply put on top as you would with butter cream :) Also followed by little sugar hearts, just to make it sweeter! haha 




So this was what I brought to my boyfriend, it's a photo done while waiting for him in the station. 

I hope you enjoyed the post and that you will try to make this ridiculously easy recipe!

Ps: everything heart-shaped you see in the photos is from Tiger, but I bet you can find similar cuties in other shops too.


We'll see each other on the next post,


Love,


Polly






You Might Also Like

0 commenti